Subject: Inquiry regarding the functions of institutions in Estonia
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2025 17:15:07 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Colleagues,

We are currently interested in understanding the work of our counterparts
in neighboring countries. Our goal is to review and evaluate our own
activities by examining international examples and to develop a vision for
how institutions in our country should operate.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could share whether Estonia has a
national reference healthcare laboratory and a Centre for Disease
Prevention and Control.

If so, what are the functions of these institutions? Additionally, how do
these institutions interact, and what are their respective areas of
responsibility?

Thank you in advance for your time and insights!

--

Sincerely

Jonas Žvirgždas

Head of the Department of Research on Rare and Dangerous Infectious
Disease Agents, Medical biologist

Žolyno str. 36, LT-10210 Vilnius
Tel. no. +370 5 233 0111
Email:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
 <http://www.nvspl.lt/> http://www.nvspl.lt/